Design and produce graphic artwork by developing concepts to meet institutional goals and transforming these into professional visual materials for Museum marketing including: outreach, development, school programs, public programs, visitor services and promotions for Museum exhibits and events. This is a work study position, if you do not have a Federal Work Study award, please apply for the non-work study posting.
Applicants will be
Responsibilities1. Meet and correspond with Museum clients to identify their communication needs through identifying audience, desired results, budget, and delivery schedule.
2. Develop visual design concepts and directions for various print, web and digital environments that are timely, effective, and responsive to identified needs, and are within budgetary constraints, and Museum brand guidelines.
3. Present concepts and designs to Museum clients; receive input, address concerns, modify as necessary and gain approval. Collaborate with Museum colleagues to gather content as needed to proceed with design and production of project.
4. Compile project specifications and distribute to outside vendors for estimates. Perform cost comparisons of competitive bids on equipment, materials, and services employed in connection with design development and production.
5. Oversee production of design projects to assure highest quality results and consistency with approved designs.
6. Maintain communication with Museum clients throughout completion of design project and where appropriate, assist in delivery, presentation, and installation.
Associate’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) required. Two years professional graphics experience (or equivalency) and demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required. Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Illustration or a related field preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
This job posting is only available to University of Utah students who have been awarded a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year. Please login to CIS and go to the Finance/Financial Aid section to view your Financial Aid Status. If you have not received a Federal Work-Study Award, then do not complete and submit this application. Before hire, this employer will confirm that you have received a Federal Work-Study Award for the current year.
Candidate should be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Knowledge of web and interactive design for a digital environment desirable. Mac OS platform proficiency. Strong writing abilities preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
Please only apply to this posting if you have a Federal Work Study Award for 2017-2018.
Applicants should include 3-5 personal design samples as an attachment to this application.
The chosen candidate should expect to begin working in mid-September.
Reference number 1600903 Salary £35,497 – £39,114 Grade Senior Executive Officer Contract type Permanent Business area Operations Directorate – Schools...Apply For This Job
Reference: 1130405 Occupation: Education and Training Salary Range: Salary not specified Work location: Melbourne | Eastern Metro Job type: Part time / 15/10/2018 Job...Apply For This Job
This position plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates all graphic design work in the production of instructional/research/clinic materials and publications...Apply For This Job